The technology used by cyber criminals are also becoming increasingly sophisticated. No doubt, the banks must have a strong security system for confronting.
However, to avoid this crime also required an active role customer. Learn 6 tips to avoid break-ins secure this account according to M. Salahuddien, Vice Chairman of the Indonesia Security Incident Response Team on Internet Infrastructure (ID-SIRTII):
1. Use only the chip card, if your bank has not provided a chip card, you have to ask for change and do not use for the transaction before it is replaced. Rules of Bank Indonesia (BI) is new, since January 2010 an official card and may be used only type of chip card
Card types of chips will be more secure from the actions of duplication of data on credit cards or ATM through a tool that is often referred to as ATM Skimming.
2. Protect code 3 digit (CVV2) on the back of your card. Except for the authorization of transactions online, the code will never be used for conventional transactions at ATM machines, or in counter EDC merchants. Close the 3 figures at the back of the card with stickers, cellotape anything that is not transparent.
3. Change your PIN as often as possible. Simple parameters, when you shave your hair, change socks (since starting the smell), or replace the toothbrush (because it was starting to wrinkle) or every time you check vehicle tire, it is time to replace your ATM card PIN. For example, at the gas station, usually there is now an ATM machine, you can change your PIN when purchasing the fuel transaction.
"It's serious, security problems are the main enemy of human behavior itself, habits, behavior, most break-ins occur because of the exploitation of social disadvantage, so called social engineering," he said.
4. Never give personal information and data pins used for banking authorization to anyone for any reason, including the bank's customer service, such as mother's maiden name and others. Unless indeed convinced that it is the procedure that must be passed. For now a lot of third parties (eg insurance companies) by reason of cooperation with the bank issuing the card, offering its products in telemarketing and you are asked to provide personal information.
5. Be cautious when receiving an offer from telemarketing like that, because usually you give consent will be interpreted as a willingness to do auto debit on your account. This is dangerous, better if less sure, you asked for more time to confirm the correct issuing bank if the bank has a partnership with the telemarketing and how the rules and risks.
6. Keep an eye on your card presence while in the merchant's counter, do not let the card to carry anywhere and swiped into a different machine many times. You better cancel the transaction and do not have to sign anything and report to the issuing bank when the suspect with the conditions in a counter merchants.
Watch also the condition of EDC, whether there are visible enhancements or additional cable connections are suspicious. But this need technical understanding, ordinary users normally would be difficult to distinguish.
We must remember, so we swipe the card, then all the important information will be recorded by EDC and some even in print. Such as name, card number and expiration date (sometimes the dates start using).
One does not need to have a super memory to memorize a row of code numbers listed on the card. If you are careless enough time can be used to record information that the perpetrator (thrasing). Even their cooperation with each other for example two, one intentionally distract you and only carry the card records or even swipe your card skimming machines that are not visible.